What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked Associa to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
As the leader in association management, Associa brings the highest levels of service to our clients' communities. We serve associations of all types – single-family, condo, mixed-use and master-planned communities, luxury high-rise, active adult, resorts, golf and commercial – while helping builders, developers and real estate professionals achieve their goals.
About this Company
Perks and Programs
We asked Associa to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Associa Cares: Associa Cares is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization created by Associa in 2006 to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters. Funded by the donations of Associa employees and the generosity of concerned citizens, since its founding, Associa Cares has provided more than $3 million dollars in aid and helped over two thousand families.
- The Great Giveback: In 2017, Associa expanded its commitment to building strong communities by introducing a company-wide volunteer initiative, “The Great Giveback.” This program provides employees with 4 hours of paid, volunteer time off to engage in a branch sponsored community service project. In our first year, 525 employees dedicated 2,250 hours on 38 local projects. The program has expanded in 2018 to include volunteer events throughout the winter holidays as well as local fundraisers for Associa Cares.
- Wellbeing Platform: In 2018, Associa launched a wellbeing platform to employees across the organization. It combines tools, challenges, programs, daily habit reminders, tracking capabilities, customized recipes, courses, and more, all designed to help our employees be their best. It’s important for every member of the Associa family to be taking care of themselves physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, and this platform puts them on the path towards wellbeing.
- Benefits Plus: Associa’s Benefits Plus program reimburses employees for purchases made that benefit their wellbeing. Based on length of employment, they earn up to $1,000 per year to spend on fitness equipment, gym memberships, museum and zoo memberships, charitable giving, educational courses and more. It also includes a $1,000 first-time homebuyer reimbursement.
- Employee Discounts: Associa employees receive discounts from a wide variety of national and international vendors including JCPenney, Ford, Verizon, Dell, DeVry and more. They also receive access to LifeMart, an all-encompassing discount program that offers huge savings on everything from restaurants to daycare.
- The Associa Book: The Associa Book is a pocket-sized book that contains our mission, values and pillars to guide our employee’s daily decisions. We encourage employees to carry it with them, and feature photos of team members with their book on vacations, special events, and branch gatherings in our weekly internal communications.
- Annual Leadership Summit: Each Spring, Associa gathers its leadership teams from across the organization for our annual leadership summit. We use this opportunity to set the course for the coming year, train our leaders on key initiatives, and award our employees and branches for their performance and dedication.
- Associa University: Our employees are supported by an award winning internal training and development program with more than 100 internal course offerings through Associa University. Employees also benefit from our social learning system, Degreed, to support their education, community engagement and continual development.
- e3 Award: A large part of the Associa culture is based on our e3 motto: every client, every day, every time. To inspire our employees and provide them with examples of unsurpassed customer service, we honor them with e3 Champion and e3 in Action awards. e3 Champions are nominated by their peers monthly and receive a plaque, gift card, and hand-written note by our CEO, John Carona. e3 in Action awards are given to employees who receive positive client reviews on our first-party review sites. These monthly winners are awarded net $1,000.
- Key Player Award: This award, given by our President Patrick Brensinger, recognizes employees who go above and beyond daily to serve their colleagues, clients, and stakeholders. A key player demonstrates Associa values and exhibits them in ways that make them stand out from their peers.
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 4 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $500,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
How to Get Hired
We asked Associa for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Key characteristics for Associa employees are the willingness to learn, a strong sense of family spirit and teamwork, and excellent customer service skills. We work closely with our clients so the ability to communicate and collaborate with different personalities is also a key to success. Lastly, we are an organization that thrives on change, so being adaptable and flexible are very important.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees should apply online with both a resume. Applicants should highlight how their experience is relevant to the job and why they would be a good personal fit for the Associa family. Finally, prospective employees can really stand out by contacting the local office or a recruiter directly.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for excellent Community Managers, Maintenance Technicians and Accounting professionals.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should visit the Associa careers website: https://www.associaonline.com/about/careers and apply online for the position in which they are interested.