What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Ascent Resources to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Ascent Resources is an independent energy company focused on acquiring, developing and producing natural gas and oil in the Appalachian Basin.
About this Company
| Website: www.ascentresources.com|| Industry: Mining and Quarrying|
| US Headquarters: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73116|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Cambridge, Ohio, 43725; Parkersburg, West Virginia, 26101|| US Employees: 292|
| US Revenues: $455 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2015|
Perks and Programs
We asked Ascent Resources to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- PTO based on experience: Our PTO plan has 4 tiers and is based on industry experience instead of time with the company. The lowest tier accrues 120 hours annually and the highest tier accrues 240 hours annually and they have access to their bank on day one!
- Benefits start day one: Medical/Vision and Dental insurance are effective day one.
- Robust holiday schedule: We offer 11 paid holidays including 2 days for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
- Compressed Work week: We have 9 hour days at our headquarters Monday-Thursday to allow for a noon release on Friday. This allows employees to schedule time during the work week to run errands or make appointments.
- Training/Certifications: Our executive team promotes ongoing training and certifications throughout our organization to promote personal and professional growth.
- Bi-annual bonuses: Our employees receive bonuses twice a year instead of once a year to better align with goal achievement.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $51,750 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Lease Operator I|| $85,850 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Accountant III|
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 15% of salary||70% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 70% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Compressed work weeks (75% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (snack shop, fresh fruit, coffee, onsite car wash (monthly), dry cleaning)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||35 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 4 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $225,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Ascent Resources for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Previous experience in the position they applied for as well as stong competencies that align with the company (Integrity & Trust, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Teamwork and Learning & Innovation)
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Apply online with a resume that exhibits thier strengths and abilities.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Mostly Operations and Accounting
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our career page on www.ascentresources.com
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 19% Job Growth|
| 27 Average applicants per opening|| 3,082 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 5 Recent graduates hired|
| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|