What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management genuinely seeks and responds to suggestions and ideas.
People care about each other here.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked Asana to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Asana's mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We do that by providing a popular, fast-growing app that's making it easier for teams across the world to effectively track and manage their work and projects with greater clarity and accountability.
About this Company
| Website: www.asana.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94103|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: San Francisco, California, 94103; New York City, New York|| US Employees: 280|
| Employees Worldwide: 297|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked Asana to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Culinary Program: Asana's unique, in-house culinary program provides healthy and nutritionally balanced meals, three times a day. Our skilled chefs and nutrition team thoughtfully plan every menu around known seasonal benefits and availability, using locally sourced and organic ingredients; the menu also fully serves our vegetarian and vegan staff members. In doing so, Asana Culinary keeps the team energized, nourished, and working at their highest potential throughout the day. Follow Asana Culinary on Instagram at www.instagram.com/asanaculinary.
- Live Well Program: The Asana Live Well Team plans, designs and, manages internal wellness offerings each month. They work to identify the unique health needs within the company and create engaging programs that allow the Asana team to learn, thrive, and practice healthy living. Asana Live Well's goal is create a work environment that is supportive of personal health goals (in turn making everyone more productive at work). This program encompasses many other programs, including Asana Culinary (described above) and Asana Yoga, to name a few.
- Executive coaching and personal development: Asana offers all employees (not just executives or managers) a 1:1 coaching benefit with a world-class Life or executive coach in order to work on the skills that matter to each employee, both personally and professionally.
- Conscious Leadership Training: Asana is committed to living consciously - being committed to self-awareness, curiosity, responsibility, authenticity, candor, mindfulness, transformation, organizational alignment, effectiveness, creativity, innovation, learning, aliveness, engagement, effective collaboration, life balance, and play. As such, staff are invited to join regular workshops led by the Conscious Leadership Group (http://conscious.is/). The aim is to provide every employee an opportunity to more deeply explore their "zone of genius" and ability to "take 100% responsibility," while also committing to playfulness and innovation, in order to reach new levels of success and satisfaction.
- Commuter benefits program: Getting to and from work shouldn't be a drain on your mental, emotional, or physical health. As such, Asana aims to help each common commuting arrangement by subsidizing transit, parking, and/or bike-commuting costs.
- Uber or Lyft perks program: Asana offers Uber or Lyft credits to all employees each month.
- Gym membership program: Our gym membership program offers a free gym membership to all full-time employees at a nearby gym (includes classes).
- Employee Resource Groups: We have employee-led ERGs for women, people of color, and the LGBTQIA community, and their allies. These are assisted by our head of diversity and inclusion; each one also has an executive sponsor. Learn more at www.asana.com/diversity-and-inclusion.
- Diversity and Inclusion program: The work of diversity and inclusion will never be finished; we will always have more work to do to achieve our vision. Still, Asana strives to create an empowering and welcoming workplace culture. A critical element of that is working constantly to create a more diverse and inclusive team in support of our mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. Building diverse teams means creating a more inclusive environment for both our current and future employees, and we believe a diverse and inclusive company contributes to greater business success. For a detailed view of Asana's diversity & inclusion strategy, programs, and latest metrics, please visit www.asana.com/diversity-and-inclusion.
- Parental leave and flexible time off: We offer all employees 4 months of parental leave as well as flexible, untracked time off.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 6 weeks Paid sabbatical after 3 year(s) of employment|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (three meals per day, unlimited healthy snacks and drinks, on-site coffee bar, daily yoga classes on-site, meditation space, bike parking, nap rooms, and occasional fitness classes and massages.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|80 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||80 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|80 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||80 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|80 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||80 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|80 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||80 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Head of Facilities Leads environmental impact team|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Diversity & Inclusion Lead is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 10 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Asana for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates who are mindful, diverse, and autonomous.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We look for people who are world class at what they do or who have the potential to be so.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Engineering and sales.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit www.asana.com/jobs to learn more and apply online.
| 94 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 61% Job Growth|