What Employees Say
Management hires people who fit in well here.
People care about each other here.
Management is competent at running the business.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked ArcTouch, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We transform app ideas into experiences for a wide range of connected devices you hold in your hand, wear on your wrist, and use in your home and car.
About this Company
| Website: arctouch.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 35|| US Revenues: $14 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $14 million|| Employees Worldwide: 91|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked ArcTouch, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Hackathon: ArcTouch team members began the new year with a hackathon. Ideation began in December for the 19 projects that we eventually tackled in the two-day event, jointly held in our San Francisco and Florianópolis, Brazil offices.
Our app projects spanned big data, robotics, wearables, and the Internet of Things (IoT). We wrote a lot of code, broke a lot of hardware, consumed a lot of food and beverages, and used a lot of duct tape.
- Holiday Party: Totally non-traditional - usually held in January or February. Survey Money was used to collect ideas and vote for favorites. Past parties have included cooking lessons (we ate really well), casino nights (we won some really fun prizes), and a traditional Brazilian dinner with LOTS of meat!
- Movie Nights/Days: Staff members "took the day off" to see the anniversary screening of "Ferris Buehler's Day Off". Other movie outings included the Star Wars and Star Trek franchises.
- Food Drive: Staff contributed over 100 pounds of food for the SF Food Bank. Effort was completely coordinated by staff.
- Blog Posts: We encourage staff to contribute to our blog and reward them with $100 Gift Cards and award a "Marketer of the Quarter" the coveted ArcTouch cowbell.
- Pliates: One our clients asked us to develop an app for pilates instructors. In addition to the cash payment, we now have a full Pilates studio in our office.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $132,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Software Engineer|| 6% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 50% of an employee's salary|
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 90% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 90% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Health insurance for retirees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Free beverages during the day
- Massage therapy
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Unpaid sabbatical after 1 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|10 days Job-protected maternity leave||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|10 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked ArcTouch, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for the following attributes in our candidates:
Technical Leadership Growth MindsetEngagement Self-sufficiencyOptimism – “can do attitude”Agile Mindset
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
The most important thing a candidate can do to get our attention is to do some research on our company and what we do. It is important to show engagement with a prospective employer by demonstrating that you have taken the time to get acquainted with our business just as we have taken time to get acquainted with your experience.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
While we have no specific hiring plan for our US office this year, we are constantly searching for talent. If we receive a resume or inquiry that catches our attention, we will pursue it regardless of whether we have an "open" position or not.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
This is fairly simple - visit our website. Learn about what we do and who we do it for. Check out the Blogs. Then send a resume.
| 12 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 17% Job Growth|
| 50 Average applicants per opening|| 300 Applications received|
| 11 Positions filled in past year|| 25% New hires by employee referrals|
| 5 New positions created|| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|