What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel I make a difference here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked Anthem Memory Care to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Anthem Memory Care develops, constructs, acquires and provides operational management of free-standing assisted living communities specifically designed for people living with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
About this Company
| Website: anthemmemorycare.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Lake Oswego, Oregon, 97035|| US Sites: 13|
| Major Locations: denver, Colorado, 80120; chicago, Illinois, 60527; chico, California, 95973; temecula, California, 92562; kansas city, Kansas, 66204|| US Employees: 596|
| US Revenues: $28 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $28 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2013|
Perks and Programs
We asked Anthem Memory Care to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- 100% Club: Anthem Memory Care pays every employee $100 in each calendar month that the assisted living community in which they work achieves 100% occupancy for at least 24-hours in the month.
- Seasons of Wellness program: Anthem Memory Care invests in our employees through Seasons of Spirit initiatives, highlighting wellness attributes through the year. Four seasons are promoted in each calendar quarter. Season of mindfulness, season of nutrition, season of fitness, and season of spirit are the four celebrated seasons. Each season has games, contests, education, and team building exercises.
- Refer-a-friend: Bonus program paid to all employees who refer their friends and acquaintances to work for our company. Referring employee is paid $250 for referring an employee who works at least 90-days with the company.
- Anthem company retreat: Every year, Anthem management staff are flown to Oregon to participate in our annual retreat. Held at a luxury resort, guests are treated to pampering, activities, team building, and leadership training. The Anthem company retreat has become a favorite experience for key leadership staff.
- Payroll accessibility: Employees are offered the opportunity to access payroll on hours worked, up to $500, whenever convenient for them to make early withdrawals.
- 401k auto-enroll and financial literacy program: Anthem Memory Care auto-enrolls our employees in the 401k program at a 3% contribution rate. This has led to a 95% participation in the 401k program - a cornerstone of an individual's retirement portfolio. Along with this program, Anthem provides financial literacy materials and classes in order to assist employees in breaking the cycle of financial stress and mismanagement.
- Discounts: Anthem employees receive opportunities for discounted gym, cell phone, and various other retail memberships clubs and programs.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $26,100 Average salary and additional cash compensation for caregivers|| $105,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for executive director|
|50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 5 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (5% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (5% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (meal program for staff)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) |
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $5,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 40 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|