What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People care about each other here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Amur Equipment Finance to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Amur Equipment Finance is a nationally ranked independent equipment finance provider and vendor channel origination company offering customized equipment capital financing programs for a multitude of essential industries. Amur supports a network of over 15,000 vendors and business partners.
About this Company
| Website: www.amuref.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Grand Island, Nebraska, 68801|| US Sites: 7|
| US Employees: 122|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Amur Equipment Finance to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Healthy Snacks: We provide Healthy snacks like granola bars and fresh fruit that is delivered weekly so that if employees need to refuel throughout the day, they have some healthy choices. Certain Fridays each month the snacks are even delivered right to the employees’ desks.
- Sit to Stand Desks: We recently purchased thirty-four sit to stand desks for employees and created a more open learning environment. Now employees have the opportunity to stand while working and hopefully they utilize these desks for a healthier working environment for employees.
- Earth Day Initiative: We educated employees on the harmfulness of plastic waste on earth and provided all employees with a reusable recycled tote to use when grocery shopping. We discontinued purchasing coffee cups and instead provide a reusable coffee mugs for water/coffee. We set up recycle bins by exits on all floors we have employees. Our company adopted a city park to clean by having employees volunteer to pick up trash throughout the summer months.
- Community Involvement: As part of our culture, Amur Equipment Finance encourages our employees to volunteer by participating in various activities within their local community throughout the year. Amur Equipment Finance is involved and supports all of the local Chamber offices in the communities where we have office locations. We support a broad range of groups and associations that our employees are involved with, whether it be a softball team their son plays on, a Board that an employee serves on, or a charity that is near and dear to an employee’s heart.
- Health Initiatives: The Company annually organizes to have an on-site Health Fair in the Grand Island office. Employees can have any of their family members come to the Health Fair. We provide a light breakfast to everyone. The Company also holds an annual on-site flu shot clinic as well. Amur provides a monthly health club membership stipend to employees. The Grand Island office employees can partake in walking Wednesdays, where employees join up at certain times during the day to go for a mile walk.
- Employee Events: To promote work/life balance and importance of families, we plan several events throughout the year for employees to bring their family. Some of these events have been Employee Day at the Horse Races, Employee Family Day at the Pumpkin Patch and Employee Family Summer Picnic Event. We also provide tickets to the State Fair for employees to attend with their family. An event that we had for Grand Island employees to promote comradery was the Mobile Escape Room. We paired up teams that were comprised of employees from various departments. Employees were able to learn more about employees from other departments while having to work together as a team.
- Decorating Contests: Employees are asked to decorate their cubicles/floors/areas during Halloween and Christmas and the winning teams receive lunch brought in for their area. Employees have fun working together to make their areas look the best for the contest. It creates comradery amongst the employees and makes it a fun place to work.
- Customer Service Appreciation Week: We planned for months prior to make this a week where employees in all of our offices knew that they were appreciated with providing the best Customer Service to our clients and to our internal customers. We laid out red carpet with gold stars for employees as they walked into work, we delivered breakfast to their desks, served a taco lunch, had a balloon artist make employees a leopard balloon and a video message went out each day from C-Suite. Our remote employees also received a special Thank You card with a gift card.
- Puerto Rico Assistance: On September 20, 2017, Hurricane Maria hit the shores of Puerto Rico. The category 4 hurricane devastated the island, leaving it without electricity or access to food and clean water. The Amur Foundation has donated trucks and planes to transport donated goods to Puerto Rico. The food, water, and daily essentials were provided by City Harvest and Feeding America. Amur trucks drove the donated items to Miami, then flew the goods to Puerto Rico on a private charter, which landed on Tuesday, October 17. On the ground, Feeding America distributed the items to those in need. The Amur Foundation donated 100% of the equipment and transportation costs for this shipment which delivered 82,000 pounds of donated goods to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for non-managers)|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for non-managers)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 21 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (30% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Daily healthy snacks
Monthly birthday treats
Popcorn/snacks delivered to desks 2x a month
Health fair on-site)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $30,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Amur Equipment Finance for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The key characteristics that we look for in a prospective employee are; 1) A good communicator, it is important for employees to be able to communicate with co-workers and their supervisors. We want employees to feel comfortable in communicating anything that would help our company be a better place to work. 2) Committed, since this is one of our core values it is important that our employees are committed in doing the best job that they can for the company because our company values employees as our greatest asset. 3) Fun and positive person to be around. This speaks for itself, but we want a workforce that positively influences those around them and one negative employee can make an impact that is not aligned with our core values.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 14% Job Growth|
| 45 Average applicants per opening|| 450 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 3 Recent graduates hired|