What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Amobee to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies, including Airbnb, KraftHeinz and Kellogg’s, make marketing decisions. Our technology simplifies the delivery of video, display, mobile, and social, including advertising across channels and screens.
About this Company
| Website: amobee.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Redwood City, California, 94063|| US Sites: 10|
| Major Locations: San Diego, California; New York, New York; Detroit, Michigan; Chicago, Illinois; Santa Monica, California; Atlanta, Georgia; San Francisco, California|| US Employees: 572|
| US Revenues: $0 million|| Employees Worldwide: 819|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked Amobee to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Tuition Assistance: Amobee is proud to support the professional and personal development of our employees. Tuition Reimbursement provides financial support to employees pursuing graduate or undergraduate degrees to broaden their knowledge base and enhance their skill set.
- Diversity & Inclusion: A crucial component of creating leadership opportunities is ensuring that everyone who is qualified to lead has the opportunity to do so. The technology industry is male dominated, but Amobee’s workforce serves as an example of the gender equality that can be achieved. Out of Amobee’s 900 employees, 44% of overall employees are female, 39% of our managers are female, and 45% of our new hires in 2017 were female.
- Global Employee Network: Amobee encourages knowledge sharing and innovation across offices on a global scale, enhancing our connections across the world. The company offers employees with specific skill sets and expertise to apply to live either temporarily or permanently in a new Amobee office location in the US or abroad, and has had employees do extended monthly visits or permanent transfers to Singapore, London, and Australia, as well as across our US offices.
- Wellness Program: As part of Amobee’s commitment to helping our employees be their best selves, we are proud to offer a variety of programs that support the physical and mental well-being of our employees. Amobee recognizes that wellbeing extends far beyond the work environment, so we offer a Wellness Reimbursement to all employees. In the US, employees may receive up to $30 per month for expenses related to health and wellness. And because we know that individuals may invest in their physical or emotional health in different ways, this reimbursement may be applied to fitness classes or memberships, mindfulness/meditation, financial wellness and education, healthy eating and nutrition services, massages, child care, wellness-centered digital products or wearable devices, and much more.
- Enhanced Leave: We believe in supporting our employees and the people who matter most to them, at all stages of life. We want our employees who are welcoming a new baby or child into their family, to feel emotionally and financially supported while they are on leave. Amobee's Parental Leave Benefits include up to 12 weeks of paid leave for primary caregivers and up to 4 weeks for secondary caregivers. Flexible work accommodations may also be made in partnership with an employee's manager to help support primary caregivers as they transition back to work.
- University Relations Program: Amobee is a very active supporter in engaging and recruiting top talent from local college campuses. Spearheaded in San Diego, we’ve created a career exploration initiative that allows undergraduate students visit our local offices to experience a day in the life of a digital marketing company, while meeting with key leaders and learning more about career opportunities available. The events are made up of three parts; a presentation directly from members of our regional teams outlining their roles and what they love about working at Amobee, a tour of the office, and a meet and greet with the employees to provide an opportunity to network and ask questions.
- 401k Match Program: Amobee is proud to offer employees a 401k matching program, including a generous vesting schedule that takes into account prior service with previously acquired companies.
- Rewards & Recognition: Amobee aims to empower and engage employees with awards and programs that recognize achievements. The Amobee Passion Award, a peer nominated and leadership selected award, offers one regional employe with an all-expenses paid, week-long trip to visit another office anywhere in the world. To further inspire an innovative culture, the PIC Awards, rewards employees globally who best exhibit Amobee’s company values: Passion, Innovation, and Collaboration. Winners Award have their achievements and efforts detailed in front of the entire company, which serves as a source of inspiration to employees around the world. Employees can also nominate each other for the Superstar Program, recognizing colleagues who have gone above and beyond in their role. Those nominated win a personalized adventure of their choice.
- Continuous learning: We aim to impact the employee experience from the time the wake up, jump in their car, bike or hop on the subway by offering learning resources that fit an on-the-go lifestyle. Employees have free access to download audio books from Audible.com and can login to Lynda.com online learning portal to develop skills that relate to professional growth or personal passions
- Professional Development Series: Our management development series, which focuses on topics like Managing and Motivating Performance and Effective Communication, allows leaders to gain understanding and awareness of how they can be the best versions of themselves and understand how to best work with the team around them.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 88% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| $5,250 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (7% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities (Free snacks during the day
Free beverages during the day
Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
Discount ticket sales)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||20 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 32 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $5,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 3 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Amobee for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for passion in prospective employees –individuals who are engaged and can thrive in the dynamic rapidly evolving market sector of digital marketing technology. We seek individuals who actively want to learn, create, and lead. As industry change and evolution in digital marketing is constant, grit and resilience are required. The ability to adapt quickly and overcome challenges enables Amobee to be an innovative global leader that can meet the evolving needs of brands and agencies. We value the skill of execution and ability to get things done. This mindset of execution enables our work force to continually generate results. Amobee’s core values are humility, curiosity and passion. We look for goal-oriented people with positive mindsets who exemplify these values and keep moving forward by seeking opportunities to provide solutions to our clients and contribute to Amobee’s company culture.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Come to the table being able to clearly articulate your value and how you will impact Amobee for the better. Do your homework know our business and come with an attitude that you are going to enhance our teams and allows us to achieve greatness! Preparation is key to be successful in our interviews as we have thousands of candidates for competitive global job openings.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking for innovative, solution-focused candidates across all functions and areas of the business. As a technology company we are always looking for innovators and change agents with a passion to create and support new and advancing technologies.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can visit Amobee’s website, Glassdoor profile, and social channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) to gain more information and view job openings globally.
| 200 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 4% Job Growth|
| 184 Average applicants per opening|| 37,635 Total job applicants|
| 23% New hires by employee referrals|| 14% Openings filled by current employees|
| 8 Recent graduates hired|| 21% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 21% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|