What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Allied Beverages (Reyes Beer Division: Allied Beverages) to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Allied Beverages distributes over 12 million cases of beer to 4,100 licensed retailers across northwest Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties from a state-of-the-art warehouse in Sylmar & Ventura, California. Allied joined Reyes Holdings and Reyes Beer Division in 2014.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.alliedbeverages.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Rosemont, Illinois, 60018|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Sylmar, California, 91342; Ventura, California, 93003|| US Employees: 345|
| US Revenues: $1,500 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $1,500 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2014|
Perks and Programs
We asked Allied Beverages (Reyes Beer Division: Allied Beverages) to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Summer Picnic: Allied Beverages in Ventura, CA, has an annual summer picnic where employees and their family are invited to enjoy beverages, food, prizes, and entertainment.
- Employee Referral Program: Allied Ventura awards employees who refer other employees a cash bonus of $300.00 if a candidate is hired and employed with the company more than 4 months.
- Free Beer during the Holidays: Allied Ventura gives away one case of beer (or soft drinks if under 21 years of age) to employees during the holidays to enjoy with their family.
- Yearly Trips & Incentives: Allied Ventura does a number of employee appreciation trips and gatherings per department. Such events include a trip to Las Vegas and a deep sea fishing trip for Warehouse and Delivery employees, a night out at the ball park to see the Los Angeles Dodgers for Merchandisers, Sales incentive trips sponsored by suppliers and more!
- Annual Company Meeting: Allied Ventura starts the year off with an all employee company meeting where we share company performance results and goals. Additionally, to recognize employees a raffle was held with prizes such flat screen tv’s, ipads, Bose speakers and more valued at over $3,000
- Taxi Reimbursement Program: Safety is an important part of our Company Culture. To ensure our employees have a safe way of getting home if they have been drinking, we offer a reimbursement if they decide to call a taxi. This benefit is available whether they have been at a company sponsored event or event outside of work. We want our employees to enjoy their drinks but be responsible in getting home safely.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $39,766 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Merchandiser|| $92,333 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Area Sales Manager|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 10% of salary|| $500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 19 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 9 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|30 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||5 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $5,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Employees reentering the workforce
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Allied Beverages (Reyes Beer Division: Allied Beverages) for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Take the initiative and learn about our business, before interviewing
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
| 205% Job Growth|| 4 Recent graduates hired|
| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|