What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Alliant National Title Insurance Company, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We provide title insurance to property owners and mortgage lenders exclusively through partnerships with independent agents. Title insurance protects financial interests in real property from loss due to title defects, liens, etc.; including attorney’s fees and costs of defense.
About this Company
| Website: www.alliantnational.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Longmont, Colorado, 80501|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Oviedo, Florida, 32765; San Antonio, Texas, 78217|| US Employees: 66|
| US Revenues: $115 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $115 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked Alliant National Title Insurance Company, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Personal Development Plan (PDP: Each employee is encouraged to identify areas of interest they want to explore, or additional professional certifications they want to accomplish. The PDP helps the employee identify what training, learning, and certifications they can pursue to put themselves into a better position to advance professionally. Our managers working with our employees are then able to jointly focus on ways of helping the employee achieve their personal goals through allotting time and money to help our employees obtain additional education, certifications, and experience necessary to move their career forward.
- Charitable Giving and Matching Donations: Our independent agents and employees are deeply involved in their communities and we focus our charitable giving to support their passions. We will give outright, but prefer to provide a matching gift based on the engagement of our agent or employee to raise additional money, including providing the opportunity to devote time to the effort. In 2015, we gave about $22,000 to these efforts. Our contributions will grow as our agents and employees learn more about the program and hear about specific examples. We also volunteer our time with charitable organizations that match our mission and values.
- Five Year Recognition Program: We recognize team members who have contributed for five years. This includes: 1. Recognize Yourself: A personalized crystal plaque with a personal thank you letter from the CEO. 2. Expand Yourself: A $2,000 Learning Voucher to be used to attend a class, seminar, or training that helps them expand their horizons. This voucher is intended to be used on education to learn skills they have always wanted to, but were never able to do so. This new learning does not have to be directly related to their current position or our industry. The purpose is to help expand horizons, and that doing so our employee will bring an expanded perspective to their work. 3. Replenish Yourself: Two additional paid vacation days in the 5th year.
- A Place to Learn and Teach: We work in a place of continuous learning and teaching. The company welcomes employees from many diverse industries. That diversity of experience, and our employees’ passion as lifelong learners, provides a rich environment for the sharing of our experiences and knowledge across all departments. Everything we do is in an ongoing effort to improve our joint performance in serving our agents, their customers, and our insureds.
- Culture of Collaboration: We have adopted a culture of collaboration and approach projects in a cross-functional way to deliver the best results to our stakeholders and customers. We use the teachings from the Arbinger Institute, which helps us to remember to have an outward mindset in all of our endeavors.
- Ambassadors of Fun: We have a group of high energy Ambassadors of Fun with contagiously fun attitudes . These Ambassadors plan all parties and events with holiday, seasonal, and cultural themes for employees and their families. Events range from summer picnics, to upscale dinner parties, and everything in between.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $1,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 19 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 19 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (50% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (3% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Snacks, seasonal events)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $30,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Alliant National Title Insurance Company, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Individual honesty, a natural desire to help others and a determination to do the work that delivers results.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Contact one of our Agents or a person in the department they are interested.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for capable people in each function of our business who resonate with our culture and can contribute to our growth and improvement.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Contact one of our Agents or a person in the department they are interested in by referencing our website.
| 6 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 18% Job Growth|
| 2 Average applicants per opening|| 24 Total job applicants|
| 65% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 50% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|