What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People care about each other here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Alliance Data to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We provide a comprehensive portfolio of data-based, integrated marketing and loyalty solutions to more than 1,000 consumer-facing corporations in a variety of industries. We are able to analyze data, understand consumers, and then apply insights into their preferences
About this Company
| Website: http://www.alliancedata.com/|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Plano, Texas, 75024|| US Sites: 56|
| Major Locations: Columbus, Ohio, 43219; Irving, Texas, 75039; Wakefield, Massachusetts, 01880; Chicago, Illinois, 60606; Denver, Colorado, 80234|| US Employees: 13,911|
| US Revenues: $5.7 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $7.1 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 16,886|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: ADS|| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Alliance Data to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- 2:1 Matching Gifts: Not only is it unusual for a company to have a year-round, open choice 1:1 match for the charitable gifts our associates make, but few other companies offer an even more generous 2:1 match campaign at special times during the year. Our associates feel supported and valued, knowing the company will match their donations to the causes they care about most. We know they value the freedom to contribute to any charitable organization they choose, as we see participation rise each year. Unrestricted and generous, this program is an incredibly successful and well-supported pillar of our culture.
- Internal Grant Program: Charitable associates can put the company’s money where their passion is. Alliance Data awards $75,000 in grants to associate‑driven causes. Winning applications are chosen based on associate volunteer engagement and community impact. They are broken into five winning $10,000 gifts and five “Fan Favorite” $5,000 grants voted on by associates.
- Scholarship Program: The hard-working students of our dedicated associates can apply for one of 10 annual $10,000 scholarships from Alliance Data each year ($20,000 for National Merit Scholars – and we’ve had a lot of those!). All dependent children of full- or part-time associates are eligible to apply. These scholarships are based on academic achievement, contribution to the community and their response to an essay topic. This award gives our working parents on less thing to worry about and compliments several other programs that help associates better prepare for the transition to college.
- College Coach: Preparing for, paying for and getting accepted to college is a big burden for parents and students. Our College Coach program gives our associates access to college-prep experts completely free of charge. Parents have access to webinars or one-on-one coaching for every step and at any age, from college admissions to study skills, confidence-building ways to save and pay tuition. All full- and part-time associates are eligible to use this program. More than 6,500 minutes were used by our associates in 2016. That’s an increase of 37% from the prior year.
- Women Connect: This group of female associates from all levels of the organization focuses on professional development and networking opportunities for women. Women Connect brings in well-known speakers, matches leaders with mentees, and hosts a variety of learning events, courses and networking opportunities. Programming areas are directed by an annual membership interest survey and feedback on “hot topics” from senior leaders. Members also come together to volunteer in the community.
- Apprentice/New Grad Program: New graduates are hired and introduced to the company through a program that lets them get a flavor for what our complex organization does, while finding their niche. They spend – depending on the specific line of businesses – one to two years rotating through job roles while getting professional development skills training. They are evaluated along the way, and finish with placement process where they have permanent roles.
- Onsite Health Clinic: Launched to make access to preventative and sick care easier and affordable (free!), this onsite clinic at our largest office was more successful than we ever thought possible. A partnership with an area medical care group, there were 280 doctor visits in the first two months alone, and they average 35-40 visits weekly now. This pilot was so successful, we’re looking to replicate it at additional locations as soon as possible.
- Backup/Elder Care: When child care or elder care is closed or falls through for our associates, the
Backup Care program helps find and pay for care for the children and adult/elderly, either in home or at a reputable center. Associates receive up to 80 hours of back-up care each year – the first 40 hours are free, the second 40 hours are offered at a discounted rate. Plus, associates can gift up to 20 of their unused hours to another associate in need. All full- or part-time associates are eligible to use this program. There was more than 18,000 hours of utilization by our associates in 2016, a 5% increase from the prior year.
- Grand Rounds: Navigating the medical field can be overwhelming, especially when you or a loved one is sick. That’s why we provide Grand Rounds for our associates to use to find a doctor or specialist, get a second opinion, get answers about a diagnosis or condition, get help gathering medical records, schedule an appointment, or for support deciding if surgery is necessary. This service is available to our associates, their parents (very unusual) and children.
- Financial Engines: Our Financial Engines program provides associates one-on-one financial planning advice for retirement. By offering this program for FREE, we’ve removed the cost barrier, allowing our entire population to fully understand the impact of Social Security, where they are today on saving and where they need to be, how to leverage all income sources during retirement, and how to budget in order to save more for retirement.
Based on the initial results we are seeing that our female population and our Millennial group are slightly better prepared than the average for retirement.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||82% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Employees working 30+hours/week)|
| 73% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Employees working 30+hours/week)|| $3,800 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|| 20 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 13 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (18% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (70% have access)
- Medical facilities (at some locations)
- Onsite Amenities (Fitness Classes/Gym
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|40 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||40 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|40 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $11,500,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $500,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Director, Corporate Affairs Leads environmental impact team|| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| 2 LEED certified building(s)|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women
- 2 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Alliance Data for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We’re looking for bold, innovative thinkers with a desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment. We also look for a few key qualities:
- A passion for building relationships
- A tenacious approach to tackling challenges
- An appreciation for work/life balance
- A belief that embracing a diverse, inclusive workforce is key to understanding a diverse consumer marketplace
We look for character, because tactics can be taught.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We love hearing from candidates on social media! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our business is about leveraging the power of data, technology and creative to help our clients’ business grow. We’re looking for data analysts, software engineers and creative directors to help us achieve this.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
| 8,000 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 5% Job Growth|
| 29 Average applicants per opening|| 225,244 Total job applicants|
| 24% New hires by employee referrals|| 26% Openings filled by current employees|
| 760 Recent graduates hired|| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 52% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|