What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
There is a "family" or "team" feeling here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked AgileThought to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
AgileThought is a full-service custom software and consulting firm that provides custom application development, web application development, agile coaching/training, application lifecycle management, business intelligence, cloud solutions, SharePoint solutions, content management, and user interface/experience design services and solutions to Fortune 1000 clients.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.agilethought.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Tampa, Florida|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Orlando, Florida; Sarasota, Florida|| US Employees: 127|
| US Revenues: $29.04 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $29.04 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2004|
Perks and Programs
We asked AgileThought to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- InnovATe Crews: InnovATe Crews are responsible for navigating strategic initiatives that align with AgileThought’s culture, core values and strategic anchors. These include internal projects that help to create consistency and innovation across anything from programs to systems. These crews create a way for teams to be directly involved in the development of programs and project ideas that come straight from the employees and shape the personality and culture of AgileThought. In essence, these are working groups designed to allow the employees to take ownership over the direction of the business strategies. Some examples of our InnovATe crews are @give, @fun, AgileThought University, @elements (branding our way of developing software), etc.
- Community Support: One of AgileThought's strategic anchors is being a net giver to our community. We encourage our employees to get involved in any way they are comfortable. In addition to sponsoring some of their speaking engagements, AgileThought also opens the HQ office up to local user groups, forums and round tables to use as a local meeting space. This allows our employees to feel supported in their craft beyond financial contributions.
- Jr. IT Associate Program: AgileThought has developed a year long training and development program for recent graduates in a computer science or related degree. We hire classes of recent graduates and provide them with a mentor, job shadowing and training tools. At the end of one year, AgileThought's goal is to promote the Jr. ITA into a technical role of their choice based on the exposure and experience they received during the program. We currently have 20 Jr. ITA's in the program.
- Charitable Events: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year in support of local charities. Our giving strategy is employee centered, in that they get to choose where our focus lies. We are sponsoring a "Hacking for a Cause" where we develop a needed software solution in a 24 hour period for local charities at no cost. Many of our employees participate in Feeding Children Everywhere, where we package meals for those in need. This year we are sponsoring an event for Habitat for Humanity, where many of our employees are volunteering their time to build a house for a family. An event we also participate in is for Big Brothers, Big Sisters where we raise money and send a couple employees to repel down a high rise building.
- Flexible Working Arrangements: We believe it is crucial to have work/life integration. This is especially true for our workings parents, but applies to everyone. In support of this we offer flexible working arrangements. Employees are encouraged to integrate their family responsibilities into their work life. They choose to work from home when they need to, change their daily schedules, and work more hours one day to compensate for time away from the office on another day. We have supported employees choosing to move out of state for the well-being of their family. This can be a big decision on our part because of the registration and fiduciary responsibilities in different states. We try to be very flexible when it comes to the diverse needs of our employees.
- PluralSight: It is core to our mission that we remain on the cutting edge of our craft, supporting our team as they develop in what they are passionate about and provide many training opportunities along the way. One of these opportunities is our partnership with PluralSight, an online learning platform focused on technical skill sets. We provide free online accounts for our employees. This gives them the freedom to train when they need or want to and the flexibility to decide when that is. Many of our employees utilize this tool as a way to increase their knowledge in a new skill set or refresh on their current skill sets. We find our employees love this tool!
- @Fun: As part of our InnovATe crews, @Fun is an ongoing committee of diverse AgileThinkers, focusing on the fun part of our company culture. Their job is to fill up our company calendar with fun and diverse events catering to the needs and desires of our employees. Events change each year based on the feedback of our employees, but include participation the Great American Teach In, Bring Your Kids to Workday, a Corporate Sportsfest, Pi Day, Groundhogs Day, Women in Leadership events, team building events, game nights, pot lucks and our Holiday Christmas Party.
- Beer Fridge: Having a beer fridge is an important way to bring the team together on a more personal level and build upon their relationships. The kitchen is also always full of healthy and fun snacks as well multiple kinds of coffee and teas.
- Game Room: You know someone is at the Foosball table when you randomly hear bouts of yelling... AgileThought has a game room where employees come together to play anything from Xbox, Kinect and Wii to traditional board games and Foosball. The game room allows for our employees to be able to get away from their computer and take a little break, while bringing team members together to have a little fun and friendly competition.
- View: AgileThought's Corporate Tampa Office is located on the edge of Tampa Bay. The view is a great way for employees to zen out and enjoy the beauty around them. It is not uncommon to see an osprey right outside the window or watch a pod of dolphins feeding in the shallow waters. AgileThought provides a couple fishing rods for employees to use whenever they'd like. The sunsets and lightning storms aren't bad either!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 4.5% of an employee's salary||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 90% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 90% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
- Convenience store
- Free beverages during the day
- Massage therapy
- Car wash
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Job sharing (2% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (5% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|5 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Dental care
- Mental health care
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Fitness center (at some locations)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $81,490 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $4,250 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- 'Talent Acquisition Manager' is accountable to formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked AgileThought for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
First and foremost, we look for individuals who are passionate about technology! They are team oriented, have a desire to learn and teach others, they are fun, love working in a collaborative environment and are humble individuals.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates who can be themselves are the ones who get our attention. We want individuals who love what they do so much that it shows throughout the process and you can tell they just want to learn more and share knowledge with their team. We are very involved in the technical community and we look for individuals that are also active i.e. speaking at technical conferences and/or involved in local technical meet-up groups for networking purposes.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our 2015 hiring will be focused on AgileThought's core skill sets that will include Senior Developers (.NET, SharePoint and Java), Technical Architects, Functional Product Specialists, Agile Coaches, ALM Consultants and BI (Business Intelligence).
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If you are interested in becoming an AgileThinker, please submit your resume online at www.agilethought.com/careers.
| 100 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 20% Job Growth|
| 5 Average applicants per opening|| 500 Applications received|
| 115 Positions filled in past year|| 26% New hires by employee referrals|
| 71 New positions created|| 8 Jobs filled by current employees|
| 15 New graduates hired|| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|