What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Agemark Senior Living to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a family-owned senior living provider offering quality care in Assisted Living and Memory Care in six states. It is our mission, privilege and responsibility to provide the kind of care we want for our loved ones, fostering a healthy body, agile mind and joyful spirit.
About this Company
| Website: www.agemark.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Orinda, California, 94563|| US Sites: 21|
| Major Locations: Omaha, Nebraska, 68022; Antioch, California, 94509; Beatrice, Nebraska, 68310; Tracy, California, 95376; Cumberland, Maryland, 21502; Dickinson, North Dakota, 58601; Fort Madison, Iowa, 52627; Lincoln, Nebraska, 68516; Granite Bay, California, 95746; Hastings, Nebraska, 68901|| US Employees: 845|
| US Revenues: $42.4 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $42.4 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 845|| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|
| Founded: 1987|
Perks and Programs
We asked Agemark Senior Living to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Heart to Hand: When an employee has personal financial struggles they may submit an application to receive financial assistance from the company.
- Hero Awards: Once a year, nominations are received for a Hero at each location based on company values. A Hero is chosen at each property and celebrated. Those people's names are then submitted to be one of our five company wide Heroes. These five Heroes are celebrated at our annual corporate conference where they are brought to the meeting, take part in special events for 3 days and we celebrate their contributions.
- Profit Sharing: At the end of each year, every employee is eligible to take part in the profit share.
- Milestone rewards: All employees are rewarded for their tenure at milestone anniversaries (i.e. 5, 10,15, 20, etc.) They are able to choose their award based on what they prefer and a set monetary amount that increases at each milestone. 10 years is a 10% increase in pay. 20 years is a paid trip.
- Spot rewards: Managers have the ability to recognize and reward employees for good work and to acknowledge positive events.
- Employee Referral Bonus: When a current employee refers someone who is hired and maintains employment for a certain number of day, the referring employee will receive a bonus at 30, 90 & 180 days.
- Complimentary Meals: Complimentary meals for all staff who wish to partake.
- Holiday celebrations: Most communities have a celebration at holiday time for the staff.
- Employee Discounts: Employees have discounts they can get from different retailers and vendors.
- Services discount: Discounts are offered to all employees who decide to have us take care of their loved one in one of our communities.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $30,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Caregiver|| $75,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Director|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 2% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 25% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 11 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (10% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Food, flu shots)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Agemark Senior Living for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
They love seniors and can tell you why. Positive, enthusiastic, driven for success yet humble and excellent interpersonal skills.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Have some job tenure and stick with things even when things are challenging. Be able to give examples of being a team player, offering exceptional customer service, being positive and open minded. Great work ethic. Desire to make a difference and have an impact.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Compassionate caregiver who are team players and positive. New management positions. All positions for new properties.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Review our website or call the Director at the community for information or to ask questions.
| 11% Job Growth|| 25 Average applicants per opening|
| 3,933 Total job applicants|| 2% New hires by employee referrals|
| 1% Openings filled by current employees|| 25% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 75% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|