Accenture is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, with capabilities in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We develop and implement technology solutions that enable our clients to become high-performance businesses and governments.
How to Get Hired
We asked Accenture for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Leadership, curiosity and authenticity. We are asked to solve our client’s most difficult problems—they expect our people to be leaders at every level, because they need our leadership in driving change. Curiosity is critical because the pace of change in technology and in the industries we serve is staggering. Our clients need us to be ahead of the change, which means we need people who love change and have the curiosity to be continuously learning so we can help our clients. Finally, at the end of the day, people want to work with people who are authentic. We have amazing people at Accenture—from all backgrounds and cultures and with a wide range of experiences—and we believe what makes us so special is both this diversity and the authenticity of our people.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be sure to showcase your skills and accomplishments on your resume, application, and any social media profiles, and make sure you meet the basic qualifications listed on positions for which you apply. We also encourage you to build relationships with Accenture employees or alumni who can personally submit your resume—referral candidates are one of our best sources for top talent! We offer a Get Referred tool that allows you to easily search your social and professional networks for Accenture employees. Additionally, you may join the Accenture Talent Connection to discover more about what we do. As a part of our talent community, we’ll keep you updated on Accenture news, upcoming events and job opportunities relevant to your skills. For those at the entry-level we host a number of events at various schools across the US that you can attend in order to get to know Accenture and our employees.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are hiring a wide variety of roles across Strategy, Consulting, Digital, Technology and Operations – including entry-level positions at US colleges and universities.
• In Accenture Strategy, we look for individuals who can help shape our clients’ futures, using deep business insight and understanding of how technology will impact their industries to envision and deliver.
• In Accenture Consulting, we look for individuals who can help transform clients’ businesses through deep industry knowledge and by leveraging our capabilities to deliver innovative, tailor-made solutions.
• In Accenture Digital, we look for individuals to help digitize our clients’ businesses.
• In Accenture Technology, we look for individuals who can help power our clients’ businesses with innovative established/emerging technologies to change how their people and customers experience work, life and entertainment.
• In Accenture Operations, we look for individuals who can deliver business outcomes through infrastructure, security, cloud and business process outsourcing services on our clients’ behalf.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Start by visiting our Accenture Careers Website! In addition to finding the latest job opportunities, you can meet our diverse people and hear about their career journeys and timelines.
Then, stay connected by joining the Accenture Talent Connection to discover more about what we do, how we do it, and what makes us different, and by registering for real-time job alerts of new positions that match your skills and interests.
Be sure to subscribe to the Accenture Careers Blog for the latest company news, job updates and career advice from our front-line recruiters.
And follow us via your social channel of choice for real-time updates, insights into #AccentureMoments and see where the #AccentureAdventure can take you.