What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked AcademicWorks, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
AcademicWorks provides a comprehensive scholarship management solution in use at over 460 institutions of Higher Education. AcademicWorks allows campuses to improve the compliance, utilization and stewardship of their scholarship funds, while improving services to students, donors, and the campus community.
About this Company
| Website: www.academicworks.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Austin, Texas|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Austin, Texas|| US Employees: 41|
| US Revenues: $5.2 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $5.2 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked AcademicWorks, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Lunch Around: Employees can take another employee from a different department out to lunch once per quarter on the company.
- FILL Lunch: The "Free Interdepartmental Learning Lunch" or FILL is a monthly free lunch for employees with a member of the Executive Team. The Executive sponsor rotates once per month and we encourage representation from all departments within the company. Employees are allowed to ask general questions about the company or more specific questions about the Executives department.
- Gift Bonus: Our Client Services Team members receive a quarterly bonus based on customer satisfaction. The bonus is split between a cash component and a gift purchased for them by another team member (randomly assigned). The gift exchange is always a fun way for team members to learn more about their peers.
- Monthly Happy Hour: We shut the office an hour early on the first Friday of each month for Company Happy Hour. The monthly happy hour is a great opportunity for employees to interact or to meet new members of the team.
- AcademicWorks Buddy Program: Each new employee is assigned an AcademicWorks Buddy responsible for introducing them to others within the company and answering questions about our culture, company or market. The buddy also organizes a cross-departmental lunch so the new employee can meet team members from across the company.
- Blue Box O'Love: Employees can submit complements about other Team Members in confidential fashion into the Blue Box of Love. The submissions are read aloud in front of the entire company at our quarterly meetings.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Stock options to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Free beverages during the day
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 30 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (30% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (20% use it)
- Telecommute option (70% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|40 days Job-protected maternity leave||20 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|40 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $6,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
How to Get Hired
We asked AcademicWorks, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We interview everyone for both position fit and how they reflect our core values of being Obsessed with Customer Experience, Engaged, and Kind and Respectful. We also look for candidates that are excited about our mission of improving access to education. If they aren't excited about our mission it is a big red flag.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We always appreciate when prospective employees take the time to understand what we do and how their skills can translate to benefit our business. It makes a big difference when a prospective employee asks a lot of questions during the interview process as it confirms that they are looking for a fit as opposed to a job.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We will be adding positions across all areas of the company in 2016.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We post all of our open positions on the corporate website, however, following us on Social Media will ensure that you don't miss any new positions.
| 9 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 21% Job Growth|
| 14 Average applicants per opening|| 300 Applications received|
| 21 Positions filled in past year|| 40% New hires by employee referrals|
| 15 New positions created|| 6 Jobs filled by current employees|